This season, USAC cross racing returns to the Puget Sound area with the NW CX Cup series of 7 races. To align your USAC membership to the proper cross category*, here are the steps for current or new USAC members:
If you are already a USAC annual member (or have ever been a USAC annual member) and you have been racing “up” in a higher category in local cyclocross events than what your USAC membership account shows:
- Submit an upgrade request through your USAC membership account. In the text box provided, list cross events in the WSBA region in which you competed UP from the category listed on your membership during the last 36 months or since your last category upgrade, whichever is most recent.
- The WSBA cyclocross director will review your results and finish placings to confirm your skills and ability are within the bell curve of this category.
- If you are an active OBRA member with a cyclocross category higher than your USAC category, you may submit your OBRA membership information to have category reciprocity invoked.
- Purchase a USAC annual membership.
- Upon completion of the purchase, request an upgrade through your USAC membership account to the category in which you’ve been competing. List all your cyclocross results in the WSBA region from the last 36 months.
- If you are an active OBRA member, you may submit your OBRA membership information to have category reciprocity invoked.
- The WSBA cyclocross director will review your and finish placings to confirm your skills and ability are within the bell curve of this category.
If you are already a USAC annual member and you’ve been racing in the cyclocross category that shows on your USAC account and are looking to upgrade, follow these instructions: http://www.wsbaracing.org/cross-upgrade-guidelines.html
*All Category 2 to 1 upgrades are processed by USAC and outside the control of the WSBA upgrade coordinators