- Do you remember how intimidating it was to line up for your FIRST bike race?
- Do you remember the person who shepherded you to that first start line?
- The most intimidating part of starting the bike race journey is lining up at one’s first event!
Bring a new rider to their first race and the WSBA will reimburse BOTH of your entry fees after the event has occurred.
Who counts as an existing rider?
Anyone who has previously lined up for a race and is a 2021 DUES paying WSBA Member.
Who counts as a new rider/racer?
- A new rider/racer is any rider who has never lined up for a bike race IN the specific bike race discipline and enters the novice/beginner category for the first time.
- For example, a rider does their first mountain bike race & road race. Both events are eligible for the new rider to receive the rebate.
- The WSBA will be reviewing each new rider name submission across numerous result platforms to confirm the new rider/racer meets this definition.
- Any WSBA event that has a beginner/novice category including Master beginner categories.
- WSBA event is defined as a bike event that is eligible to be included on the WSBA calendar. (Calendar eligibility can be found here.)
Do we both have to start the event?
- Yes, both of you must start to race in your registered category. If one of you does not start the offer is no longer valid.
- Both riders will receive the value of the entry fee divided by number of stages.
- Both riders MUST start the first stage of the event to be eligible for the prorated rebate.
- The only element of the event eligible for this offer is the actual ENTRY fee.
- Riders are responsible for transaction fees, number rentals, one-day license fees (if required), parking, ferry fares, etc.
- Only one rebate per experienced rider per entry fee. IE if you're brining two riders you need to race 2x for both of the new riders and yourself to be eligible for the rebate.
- Both riders must PRE-REGISTER
- WSBA member must fill out this form prior to event day and include a copy of the registration receipts (showing amount paid) for both riders from the registration system.
When do we get reimbursed?
- The WSBA will issue reimbursement within 10 days after the event to the paypal or venmo account each rider supplied on the entry form.
- We hope to extend this offer through the entire 2021 calendar year. However, if we are overwhelmed with submissions, we may create a Spring/Summer cutoff date as to have dollars available for the CX season.